California Personal Information We Collect
Beach Haven has collected the following categories of California Personal Information within the last 12 months:
· Direct Identifiers
o These are items of data that directly link to an individual. Data includes real name, alias, home address, email address, phone number, bank account or credit card number, state ID card number, passport information, driver’s license details, image of the subject’s signature.
· Indirect Identifiers
o This type of PII refers to the individual’s online presence, which someone could potentially trace back to them. This includes unique identifiers, usernames, account names, IP addresses, references to any records that hold direct identifiers, such as a ticket number or an invoice number.
· Biometric Data
o Biometric information is an emerging class of PII that has expanded in recent years. Items in this category include fingerprints, retina scans, facial recognition data, voice pattern data, handwriting analysis, typing recognition.
· Internet Data
o Website activity logs are PII if those logs contain information that links the records to an individual user. Data may include cookie preferences, browsing history, website analytics, search history, app activity, matches with marketing personas
· Geolocation Data
o This geolocation data may include mobile device location history, geolocation data associated with app activity, geotags on files such as photos and videos, images containing identifiable location information, such as pictures of street names
· Protected Class Data
o Protected class data is considered PII and may includes any data that refers to any personal characteristic that could lead to discrimination. Examples include race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, citizenship status
· Inferred Data
o Inferred data is not directly provided by the user but may be inferred based on the above data types. Examples include preferences, characteristics, psychological predispositions, attitudes, intelligence, social and political tendencies, and aptitudes
Sale and Disclosure of California Personal Information
We have disclosed identifiers listed above, commercial information, network and/or website activity collected by cookies and similar technology, and inferences drawn from your use of our services to partners or resellers, third party tracking providers, as well as analytics providers for monetary or other valuable consideration as a “sale” under California law within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice. You can configure your browser to prevent the placement of cookies when using our site. Please see your browser help documentation for more information.
We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to business or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration as a “sale” under California law, without affirmative authorization.
Use of California Personal Information
For each of the above categories, we use the California Personal Information we collect for the business purposes disclosed within this Privacy Notice. The business purposes for which we may use your information include:
· Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
· Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
· Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
· Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
· Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services. This includes:
· Enhancing and customizing your experience
· Processing your reservation and/or following up with you regarding your stay
· Providing customer service requested via online, mail, or phone requests
· Marketing and promotional activities, including sending you marketing communications.
· Providing you with a personalized experience on this website
· Maintaining your account status if applicable
· Analytics and data designed to improve the overall web experience on this website
· Prevent fraud, theft, or injury to you, us, or others.
· Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology
· Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide.
· We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the California Personal Information was collected.
Your California Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights related to your California Personal Information. You may exercise these rights free of charge except as otherwise permitted under applicable law.
Right to Access/Know.
You may request that we disclose to you:
· the categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you;
· the categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected;
· our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling California Personal Information;
· the categories of third parties with whom we share California Personal Information; and
· the specific pieces of information we have collected about you.
To the extent that we sell your California Personal Information within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act or disclose such information for a business purpose, you may request that we disclose to you:
· The categories of California Personal Information that we have collected about you;
· the categories of California Personal Information about you that we have sold within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act and the categories of third parties to whom the California Personal Information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the California personal information was sold; and the categories of California Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
Right to Delete.
You have the right to request that we delete California Personal Information about you which we have collected from you. To submit a request, visit our data request form HERE.
Right to Opt-Out and Right to Opt-In. You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). To submit an opt out request, visit our data request form here.
You may request to exercise these rights by:
Calling us at 858-272-3812.
By completing our rights request form available above and mailing it to
Beach Haven Pacific Beach
c/o Legal Department
4740 Mission Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92109
As required under applicable law, please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may require you to provide the following information to verify your identity in response to exercising requests of the above type: Full Name, Birthdate, Folio Number, contact information, and other information about your account or previous transactions with us. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
Subject to applicable law, we may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
· Denying you goods or services;
· Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
· Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
· Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Agent Authorization and Disability Access
If you use assistive technology and the format of this Privacy Notice interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us at 858-272-3812
This California-specific addendum was last updated: April 24, 2023.
You may contact us with questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices at 858-272-3812.